We all want to look good and for this we take utmost care of our clothing, face, hair,hands. But one thing which gets least priority is our feet. We need to take regular care of our feet also so that they add to the overall look of our personality. Besides putting nail polish and decorating it, the most important thing is to keep the foot and nails clean regularly.
Pedicure is a method to keep the feet clean which involves dis-infecting the feet, trimming n cleaning nails, massaging the feet and then finally applying nail polish.
Pedicure can be easily done at home so dear reader here are the steps involved in the pedicure. I tried to put it is simple terms and also attach pictures related to it. So go ahead and check it out:
1) Here are the tools which you would need for pedicure.
Nail Cutter-For trimming the nail.
Cuticle Cutter- To cut the cuticle from side.
Cuticle pusher- For pushing down the cuticle and also cleaning the under area of nails.
Pumice stone stick- For scrubbing the back side of the foot.
Nail Filer- For shaping the nails.
Orange stick- For pushing the cuticle back.
2) Remove any old nail polish using a enamel remover.
3) Using a nail cutter trim your nails if required.
It is generally advised not to keep very long foot nail since it can lead to some injury to nail if you hit your foot against some object.
Also general trend is to cut foot nails in square shape from top. Round corners of foot nail encourage dirt and germ accumulation.
4) Using a nail filer give shape to the nails as required
5) Take a small tub sufficient to immerse the feets.
Put warm water in it and add some liquid soap or shampoo for cleaning the feet. Add few drops of dettol/dis-infectant. Also add few drops of olive oil or any available oil, this will help moisturize the skin.
Add small quantity of Epsom salt(Magnesium Sulphate). Soaking in Epsom salt can help soothe muscle pain and helps improve rough patches in skin.
Soak your feet in this water for atleast 10 minutes to exfoliate dead skin.
6) Then pat dry your feet and make sure the nail are dried
7) Now put some cuticle cream or any available thick cream on your nails and massage it into the cuticle in circular motion.Push back the cuticle at the down and sides of your nail gently as shown in picture. Be very careful to do it gently and slowly.
8) Use a cuticle cutter to cut the extra grown cuticle from the corners of the nail as shown. Incase you do not have any extra growth then you can skip this step.
9) Using a cuticle pusher clean underneath the nails to remove any deposited dirt.
10) Take the Pumice stone and rub the back of your foot to remove any dead skin. Rub the heals properly and with some force. Incase you are not satisfied with the pumice stone then you can also use the scrubber which has a steal surface like one shown in picture below. But make sure you keep this one dried since it can catch rust.
11) Next wash your feet and apply some scrubbing cream and gently massage the foot from both upside and down. If you are in no rush then massage your legs also till knee gently, this will soothe the muscle in that area and will be very relaxing.
12) Pat dry your feet again and now its time to apply nail polish. Apply one base coat of transparent nail polish. Then first coat of the nail polish color you want. Let it dry for some time and then apply second coat of nail polish color.
Finally apply the top coat of transparent polish. Final coat would prevent the nail color from chipping and getting spoilt easily.
Enjoy!!! here you are with beautiful feet
Here is a video on pedicure which I found to be good:
Latest posts by Swati (see all)
- Current Crush – Evion Aloe Vera and Vitamin E Cream - December 4, 2013
- Hangout With Chitrangada Singh| Gear Up Buddies a Jabong.com and Puma Initiative(Video) - November 27, 2013
- 7 Bridal Fashion Tips You Would Love To Steal - November 11, 2013